Sunday, October 4, 2009

Big Girl

Katie is officially a big girl . She has been potty trained for about a month now. I am ecstatic about that feat. Even though it was a long, hard process it seemed like it happened over night; one day she was having accidents and the next day she either told me she had to go or she went on her own. We started potty training a few weeks before she turned two and next month she'll be two and a half. There were many days when I thought she would never be out of diapers and now she is except for naps and bedtime. I feel so liberated from the constant trips to the potty trying to teach her that the potty is place to go. To top it all off , today is the first day in her new, big girl bed. While she was watching an episode of Scooby Doo I took her crib down and put up a twin bed. I've been asking her for weeks if she was ready for a bigger bed and she has always answered no. I decided to take matters into my own hands. To my surprise she didn't even care that her crib was gone. She climbed up on the bed, jumped around a few times then got down and ran off to play. When it was nap time all she wanted was the pillow she slept on in her crib and her favorite blue blanket. I know she was really tired but she didn't even get up once. I can only hope that bedtime will be as easy.

3 comments:

Melisa said...

I'm so jealous. Nash will be three in December and refuses to even try to use the potty. Good job Mom!

Katie said...

That is great about the new bed! I am wanting to try something like that with Lucy... but maybe I will wait for a few more months! I'm interested to see how the nights are going!

Ruth Worthington said...

Congrats! :) Its such an exciting time for Katie - I am sure there are moments when its shocking to see her growing and learning so fast. I hope things go well! :)

About Me

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
.

Followers