Monday, September 28, 2009

Random Updates

Okay, it's been a while since I've written something and my thoughts are a little random and scattered this morning. Friday was my 32nd birthday. This is the first birthday that I actually feel a little older, not that I think 32 is old by any means. The best part was that Dean surprised me with new flooring for our kitchen. Let me tell you the story of our kitchen. We moved into our house five years ago. The kitchen had carpet in it and we said that would be the first thing to go. Five years later we still have carpet. We've been talking for months about replacing the Berber carpet with something, anything. Anything would be better than carpet right? The big master plan is to knock out the wall between the kitchen and dining room and to put in hardwood floors in our new space. Well if it's taken us five years to get rid of the carpet who knows how long it will be before we do the big construction job. So back to the beginning. Dean bought me a new Brazilian Cherry laminate floor for the kitchen. I'm so excited for it to be installed I can hardly wait. The one problem is that the cabinets and the floor don't look the best together so my next project will be to refinish the cabinets. Hurray for birthdays! Before and after pictures will be coming soon.

So this story is really random but I thought it was so cute. Eric, Charles and I were driving in the car talking about getting married and how girls take their husbands last name. We were discussing people that we know and what their last names were before they got married. I told him that I was a Valentine then became a Crystal. The conversation moved on for a few more minutes and Eric looked at me with this face like he was trying really hard to remember something then asked, "so your last name used to be Thanksgiving or something?" I started laughing and he quickly corrected himself. Marcie Thanksgiving. Has a nice ring doesn't it?

Sunday was our Primary program in sacrament meeting. Those little children did such a great job. They sang their hearts out and were so cute saying their parts. We as a presidency were a little nervous because the two weeks prior there were so many kids gone. We ended up having about 45 kids. If a child wasn't there the teachers would pick a child to go say their part. It turned out so well. We combined sharing time and singing time and I did an object lesson on the prophet and the importance of watching General Conference to hear what the prophet has to tell us. Then we spread blankets on the floor and watched a movie from the Doctrine and Covenants and ate rice crispy treats. Ruth talked to them about prophets then we played a game. Primary was super fun. Thanks Ruth and Katie for helping me out.

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a funny new last name you have! Thanksgiving! That is just awesome! You did great on the Sharing Time yesterday - that was all you woman! And happy birthday and congrats on your new floor! how fun!!

Ruth Worthington said...

You know I am going to think of you every Thanksgiving for the rest of time! :) You have great kids, Marcie. I cant wait to see the new flooring - let us know if you need any help! Sunday was a blast, and honestly, it was all you - you are amazing :).

About Me

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
.

Followers