Next on the update agenda: Trunk or Treat. Our ward trunk or treat party was last night. The kids were very excited to finally get to wear their costumes. Eric was an awesome Dracula. Dean painted his face and I slicked his hair and sprayed it black. Katie was afraid of him. I couldn't get her to stand next to him for a picture. Charles was going to be a skeleton until he found Commander Cody from Star Wars the Clone Wars. He was really excited about being a trooper until he saw Eric getting all made up. He was really jealous of Eric so he pouted for a long time. I finally sprayed his hair black and Dean painted a scar on his face but he was still sad. Katie didn't want to put her ballerina tutu on but when she did she started spinning around and dancing. She loved it. Everything was going great until the end. I put Katie in the car to come home and she started coughing so hard she threw up. Luckily she had a jacket on so her shirt didn't get yucky but her tutu wasn't so lucky. Now I get to clean vomit out of tulle. When we got home the boys had to shower to get all the paint and hair dye off. I was worried for a while because the black wasn't coming out of their blond hair easily and the paint would NOT wash off. Eventually we got them clean (mostly). Eric still had a few black traces on his face for church. I almost forgot this part of the story. I had been cutting out pieces of poster board for teeth and fins to decorate our car as a shark. I left the scissors out and Katie got hold of them. I hadn't realized until I got on the floor to finish cutting and I found a huge lock of hair. She cut a huge chunk ofher bangs off. You can't really tell in the picture but her right side is bare and she has bangs on the left side.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Weekend Update
My first update is that my kitchen floor is now installed!! Thanks to Dean and his brother Mark I no longer have carpet in my kitchen. I love our new floor! The color is awesome but now I really need to change the color of my cabinets. I had forgotten how many times in one day the kitchen floor needs to be swept. Having a dirty kitchen floor drives me crazy. The carpet didn't show all of the crumbs and playdough and moon sand so vacuuming a couple of times a week was good enough for me. Now I'll have to be more diligent at keeping the floor clean. The kids love it too. Katie and Charles have been sitting on the kitchen floor playing for a long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Marcie
- Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
- .




No comments:
Post a Comment