Sunday, March 28, 2010

Giddy for my griddle

I'm sure this is going to sound silly to most of you reading this post but I have loved every minute of  it.  "It" is the griddle I purchased last week.  A long, long time ago my mom wanted to get us a griddle for christmas.  She was getting one for everyone else and I politely declined.  It must have been before I had children or Eric was too young for pancakes.   For whatever reason I didn't think I would use it.  Now eight years later I'm wondering why on earth I didn't get one sooner.  In the past I made pancakes in a skillet which could only cook one or two at a time and ended up taking forever.  The kids would call dibs on the pancake as I was pooring in the batter so they wouldn't have to wait so long.  Well I found one for half price at King Soopers of all places.  It took me about ten or fifteen minutes to make a mountain of pancakes.  Then I used it to make quesadillas for the kids and I made all three at the same time.  Awesome!! I warmed tortillas for breakfast burritos and cooked the bacon too. I felt so productive. I can't wait to make grilled cheese sandwhiches, all  five at the same time and I can't forget french toast either.  The one downfall is I have no cabinet space to store it.  I guess it can hang out with the bread maching and the food processor in the storage room in the basement.  I'm sure all of you moms out there own a griddle but if you don't you had better go get one soon.

2 comments:

Katie said...

i seriously dont know how people live without them!

Ruth Worthington said...

My sweetie got me one for Christmas, but I thought I better put it in storage with the move...its still in the packaging! The day I finally get to bust that out, I will think of you :). I'm so happy you are loving it!

About Me

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
.

Followers