Saturday, April 17, 2010

21 weeks down, 19 to go

I am 21 weeks now and I can say that I am more than half way through my pregnancy .  I went to the doctor yesterday and was able to hear the heartbeat.  Even though this is my fourth pregnancy I still find it amazing that there is something living and growing inside of me.  So far everything has been fantastic.  I'm really excited to have this baby's sex be a surprise.  The other three babies I just had to know what their gender was because I wanted to be prepared. 
This is one time keeping everything like a pack rat has paid off.  There were several times when I would see the boxes and boxes of baby clothes and I wanted to give them away but then I would decide that I needed to keep them for a little longer.  I have plenty of things for a boy or a girl so I feel like I can wait to find out until he or she is born. 
I just started telling my preschool class that I was going to have a baby.  They have been full of questions, which is one reason I have been waiting to tell them.  I knew it was time when I stood up from the lunch table and one little girl said, "Wow, Miss Marcie has a really full tummy!"  Katie thinks if she looks under my shirt she will see the baby.  This morning she lifted my shirt, patted my tummy then gave it a kiss and said, "hi baby". 
When I was pregnant with Katie, Charles was convinced he had a puppy in his tummy.  It was in his tummy for weeks, maybe even months  after I had Katie.  Then one day he said it was out. 
I feel blessed that we are having a new baby in our family.  I'm not sure how you moms with more than three kids do it but I guess I'll soon learn.

No comments:

About Me

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
.

Followers