Sunday evening I walked into the family room and saw this (see left). It was so cute listening to Dean and Katie as he was painting her nails. Katie loves to have her nails painted. In fact when I was potty training her I used nail polish as a bribe. I would tell her to come sit on the potty while I painted her nails. It worked, she would sit and do her business while I painted her nails. Dean did a nice job. He had cotton balls, q-tips, the remover to fix any mistakes and best of all, my blow dryer to dry her nails so they wouldn't get messed up. Too bad she scratched the polish off one finger like an hour later. I was going to her an after picture and forgot.
This is my poor Eric. Today at recess he fell off the monkey bars. His left eye has a bruise on the outside and the lip speaks for itself. Ouch!! The school called Dean to let us know what happened and he came home with a sticker that said, "watch me, I bumped my head".
We put ice on it but it didn't do much good. I hope it looks better tomorrow because the third graders are performing their Christmas concert. He was practicing his songs so it didn't affect his singing ability.

1 comment:
Cute Cute Post! I love that the idea about painting nails as a potty training incentive! I am going to try that one on Lincoln. That might have made Kennedy learn much faster.
That is great that Dean does that for her!
That lip looks horrible! Thankfully you didn't end up at the E.R. for stitches!
Post a Comment