Today I worked really hard taking down Thanksgiving decorations and cleaning the house before I put up the Christmas decorations. My least favorite part of cleaning house is dusting. There was a time when I dusted religously but these days I'm lucky to dust in between holidays. I'm happy to say that the Christmas decorations are all up.
We've always had a live tree but this year Dean's grandparents gave us their prelit artificial tree so we decided to give it a try. I must say it was super easy to put up and I loved not having to string the lights. I had gotten all of the ornaments out of the box and laid them on the floor when I got a call from my sister Robyn. I went in the other room so I could talk without the noise of the kids. By the time I was finished the kids had put almost every ornament on the tree. It was so cute. The oraments only went about half way up the tree and there were multiple ornaments on each branch. In fact there were ornaments hanging on ornaments. I did do some rearranging and it looks pretty good.
Wednesday night was our Relief Society Christmas dinner and tonight was our ward party. Both were very nice and of course had good food. I love to hear Christmas music and see the reinactment of our Savior's birth. There's nothing like it to get yourself ready for Christmas. Now all I have to do is wrap the gifts that I have and finish shopping for the rest. I'm taking a half day off work to go shopping with Dean on Tuesday. What could be better than taking off work to shop?
2 comments:
did you get a picture of the tree? the before you rearanged picture and the after? We would all love to see it!
No I didn't. I didn't even think about it. How's the house? Are you settled in yet?
Post a Comment