Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Stuck Up
Katie's latest fascination is putting things up her nose. Eric and Charles never did this so I don't quite understand it. It all started last week during dinner. She was eating green beans just fine until she saw Charles opening them up to take out the seeds. She gathered a few seeds and started putting them up her nose. Last time I checked foreign objects in your nose is not pleasant, but Katie seems okay with it. I finally had to throw her food away and make her leave the table. Over the next few days any small object she found she tried to put up her nose. One morning she was eating and I went in the other room for a few minutes. When I came back she was sneezing repeatedly. She had soggy cereal stuffed up her nose. The next day she got into her little rubber hair bands. I thought I had them all picked up until I saw her eyes watering like crazy and she was sneezing. I pulled out two rubber bands from each nostril. Again this morning she pulled out her ponytail and put the rubber band way, way up her nose. A few goods sucks from the bulb syringe allowed me to pull it out. I'll cross my fingers and hope we don't have to see the doctor any time soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Marcie
- Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
- .
2 comments:
when i did my cpr traing the trainer was a former emt. he told us about a boy who had stuck some beans up his nose. the beans sprouted and filled his sinus cavities with bean sprouts! talk about gross. good luck!
I can't get her to stop putting things in her nose. I'm constantly checking on her. Hopefully there will be no sprouts.
Post a Comment