Our newest edition arrived on Friday, August 13th at 4:19 pm. He weighed 8 lbs. 13 oz. and was 20.5 inches long. I was induced 6 days early (at the time of the birth I was second guessing myself in making this decision but in the end I was happy I did because he would have easily been 9+ pounds like my other children). My doctor asked if it bothered me that he would be born on Friday the 13th but I didn't care. However, there was some "bad luck" involved. First off, my epidural did not take full effect. I only felt it in my right leg. I felt absolutely no pain in the births of my other children. Knowing that I would feel this birth scared me to death. I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to pain. I cried and panicked the entire time. I wanted to give up and stop pushing because it hurt. I still wonder why anyone would choose to not have medication. You ladies who choose not to are definitely braver than I.
The second bit of bad luck was that Andrew fractured his collar bone on the way out. It went unnoticed until the next day during his circumcision. The nurse came back and said he didn't move his left arm from the elbow up during the process and an x-ray confirmed the fracture. He spends his days and nights with his sleeve pinned to his chest to keep it steady.
We've had Andrew in our lives for 6 days now and love him to death. The kids are thrilled to have a baby brother. Katie is like a little mommy. She always wants to hold him. We are so happy he is here and is healthy and beautiful. Welcome to the family Andrew!!

2 comments:
We're so happy for you. Congratulations!
he is so cute! congratulations!!
Post a Comment