Sunday, June 14, 2009

Super 8: Birthday and Baptism

I spent the last couple of days finishing up birthday and baptism plans. Aaron and Tami and their kids came up Saturday night for Eric's baptism. My little guys were in heaven to have their cousins sleep at their house. It's such a treat when we have visitors. We had a nice dinner and reminisced about our childhoods. Sunday afternoon was Eric's baptism. I wanted to give the talk on baptism and the Holy Ghost but started having second thoughts when I saw all the people showing up. I thought it would be small with mostly family but we had a great turn out. My nerves always seem to get the best of me when I have to speak to a crowd. I did fine until the end and my emotions started getting the best of me. After Dean baptized Eric there was a definite spirit and glow about him. He truly did seem clean and pure. Tami played beautiful piano music while the boys changed. Aaron confirmed Eric and gave him a great blessing. The scout leader presented him with his scarf and book which made him really happy. I don't know that I'm ready for all this scout and Duty to God stuff that comes with having an eight year old. After the baptism we came back to our house for BBQ, cake and presents. We had such a good time with family from both sides. Thanks to everyone who came and helped you made Eric's day a special one.

1 comment:

Ruth Worthington said...

It was such a wonderful baptism! Your talk was great - I wish Jacob could have been there for it, I'll have to use that for some FHE's :). There was a great spirit there, and Eric did have a glow about him. I am excited for him! Thanks so much for sharing that special time with me! Sounds like it was a great birthday for Eric :)

About Me

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
.

Followers