I spent the last week down in Sanford trying to help my parents finish getting their house and themselves ready to leave for their mission. Sometimes I wondered if we were more in the way than we were helpful but I'm happy that we were there. My boys love going down to play with their seldom seen cousins. In fact, Eric decided that we should move to Sanford so he could go to school with his cousins. We all got eaten up by the mosquitoes. Charles has twenty five bites on his back alone. One night we all went swimming at the Inn at the Rio Grande. The kids loved it even though the water was not exactly warm. For the next two days my boys begged to go back.
My mom and dad left this morning for the MTC. It was hard to see them go but I know they couldn't be going to a better place. Mom called tonight and they got a flat tire outside of Pagosa Springs. It set them back a few hours but they said two or three people stopped to help so we know they're being looked after. We're going to miss them! After they were set apart Charles started crying. In between sobs he said he was just going to miss grandad. I think at least one grand kid from every family had an emotional breakdown over the fact that grandma and grandad are gone.
Good luck mom and dad, we wish you the best and thanks for all you have done for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment