Monday, October 6, 2008

Gibber Jabber

Katie is days away from being seventeen months old. She doesn't say many words. She will however walk up to you with a most serious look on her face and gibber jabber quite matter of factly. So it is exciting to me that in the last three days she's learned two new words. We go to the YMCA four days a week for me to workout and for her to play with other kids. Every day she walks down the steps and I say "down" when she steps down. Friday I was holding her hand so she could go down the steps. Out of her little mouth came the word "down" as she took each step. Now, thirty times a day she drags me to the stairs so she can go down and say her newly learned word. Then on Sunday we went out for a walk. The neighbors have crab apple trees and there are apples all over the ground. She went straight for the apples, picked up a few and asked "what's 'at?" I told her it was an apple. She repeated the question a few times and I repeated the answer. Soon she was saying "apple". She says it in a cute, drawn out, high pitched way. I love watching her learn new things so quickly.

No comments:

About Me

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
.

Followers