I started by finding patriotic clip art that the kids liked. I printed the pictures, cut them out and traced them onto freezer paper, which I then cut out again. There is probably an easier way but I was afraid to put freezer paper in the printer. Next, I ironed on the stencil and then sprayed with bleach. I took the shirts outside to dry a little then peeled of the paper. Finally, I washed and dried the shirts. The kids were so in love with them. It was a great project. The possibilities are endless with other holidays too. I can't wait!!
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Happy 4th of July
This is our third year of crafting our own 4th of July t-shirts. I love it. The kids love it. We all love it. I looked and looked for inspiration and finally came across a fun idea for their shirts. Thanks Pinterest. We decided to make bleached, freezer paper stenciled shirts.
I started by finding patriotic clip art that the kids liked. I printed the pictures, cut them out and traced them onto freezer paper, which I then cut out again. There is probably an easier way but I was afraid to put freezer paper in the printer. Next, I ironed on the stencil and then sprayed with bleach. I took the shirts outside to dry a little then peeled of the paper. Finally, I washed and dried the shirts. The kids were so in love with them. It was a great project. The possibilities are endless with other holidays too. I can't wait!!
This is what the ironed on stencil looked like. I can't find my pictures of the finished product. I will post when I get them off of my phone.
I started by finding patriotic clip art that the kids liked. I printed the pictures, cut them out and traced them onto freezer paper, which I then cut out again. There is probably an easier way but I was afraid to put freezer paper in the printer. Next, I ironed on the stencil and then sprayed with bleach. I took the shirts outside to dry a little then peeled of the paper. Finally, I washed and dried the shirts. The kids were so in love with them. It was a great project. The possibilities are endless with other holidays too. I can't wait!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Marcie
- Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
- .
No comments:
Post a Comment