Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sir Francis Drake

I forgot to put this post before the graduation post.  The 5th graders worked very hard researching the Revolutionary War.  As a final chapter in their unit everyone chose a significant person from the era and learned everything they could about them.  They compiled a written report and then had to memorize it.  This was all in preparation for the Wax Museum. 

Eric chose Sir Francis Drake (frankly I didn't know who he was really or what he did).  He completed his report, made visual aids and created a costume.  The 5th graders posed around the gym and the rest of the school came to look at them.  The other classes were given tickets to give to the "wax" models.  When they received a ticket they told all about their character.  I was so proud of Eric when he told me his bio.  He did great research and memorized it all. 

No comments:

About Me

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
.

Followers