I started out by making the birthday banner. I free handed the letters on small paper plates and used monster clip art to embellish. Then I punched a hole in each and strung it on a ribbon. I thought it turned out super cute.
I found the monster watermelon on a blog and then added a few of my own touches (Dean gave me the idea of saving the top of the pineapple as a hat). I struggled to get the watermelon out of the mouth so I resorted to cutting off the bottom and scooping it out from there. Much easier. Everyone loved the watermelon monster.
The hardest part was coming up with a cake. I saw an adorable three layer cake where each layer was a different size and color and decorated with a monster face. Then I saw the cute little cupcakes. I decided that I would do one small cake for Andrew and cupcakes for everyone else. His little cake was adorable. The kids loved helping with the cupcakes. There's nothing like squirting frosting willy-nilly all over a cupcake.
Just for fun I made monster masks for the kids to hold as their picture was being taken.
Happy Birthday Andrew! We all had a great time celebrating you. This is what Andrew looked like one year ago and what he looks like now. 











No comments:
Post a Comment