I've been behind schedule for about three weeks now. I can't seem to get ahead on anything. I put off getting my house cleaned for Christmas and I left some shopping til the last minute. The icing on the cake came three days before Christmas.
During the night we had freezing fog, which I had never heard of, until that day. I was driving to work and there was black ice. As I was coming around a curve approaching a stop sign my car started sliding. I did a 180 and slammed my rear tire into the curb and ended up on the sidewalk. When I got out of the car I could hear air leaking from the front tire and the back wheel was totally bent. I was so scared. I have never been in a wreck before and I had Katie and Andrew. The baby started crying and Katie was OK until we got out of the car. She was crying and thought Santa wouldn't come because I wrecked the car.
I don't know what I was more afraid of, the wreck itself or having to tell Dean. He had just spent the week before doing some heavy duty work on the car with his brother and now this. He drove the car home and borrowed some tools from the neighbor. The damage was pretty bad. He figured out the parts that needed replaced, I picked them up from the salvage yard and he started fixing. I couldn't believe that he was able to fix it all by himself just by reading a manual. Two wheels, two control arms, a spindle, a trail arm, two new struts, two trips to Firestone for alignment and about five days later my car was all fixed. Thank heaven for husbands.
Friday, January 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Marcie
- Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
- .
No comments:
Post a Comment