Monday, June 7, 2010

It's been a while...

I haven't posted in quite a while, but that's because I haven't done anything terribly exciting in a while.  Over Memorial Day weekend Dean took the boys camping.  I seriously considered going then backed out at the last minute.  It was actually quite nice to be home with just Katie for a few days.  We cleaned house, did laundry, cleaned up the back yard and planted some flowers.  I came very close to painting the kitchen cabinets as well but ran out of time and energy.  When they got back we spent a day going to the movie, playing in the fountain at the theater, going out for lunch then while Katie and Dean rested the boys and I went mini golfing. 

This weekend the kids and I washed and cleaned out the cars.  To the passerby it probably looked like I was breaking some child labor laws as I sat in the shade while they cleaned away.  Luckily for them it was a lot more fun than it was work so I didn't feel a bit guilty.  We now have two very clean cars. 

One last update.  Three weeks ago at my last OB appointment I did not pass the glucose test AND  I had to have a doppler scheduled for my leg to make sure I didn't have any blood clots forming in the oh so attractive varicose vein running down my calf.  I cried because I thought I was going from healthy to possibly having gestational diabetes and blood clots.  Lucky for me the doppler came back clean.  There was nothing harmful lurking in my veins  and today I had the three hour glucose test and passed with flying colors.  I am very thankful for my health!



No comments:

About Me

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
.

Followers