Monday, May 11, 2009

My Baby Turned Two

Saturday my baby girl turned two! Didn't we just celebrate her first birthday? Time has gone by so fast it's unbelievable. She is such a sweet girl. She always gives lots of love and kisses. She is definitely her own person. Katie always keeps us busy. She has loved books forever, especially Five Little Monkeys. I love making my kids birthday cakes. Fourteen birthdays and only one store bought cake (Spider Man ice cream cake for Eric's fourth b-day). I always ask my kids what kind of cake they want and then try to make it. My cakes are far from professional looking but I kind of like it that way. Eric and Charles can remember almost all of their cakes. I've done some pretty cool Star Wars cakes and and a really cute blue dinosaur. Back to Five Little Monkeys. Katie loves this book so I decided to make her a Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed cake. The cake turned out differently than I had envisioned, but it was still cute. The pillows threw me off. I tried different things and ended up with Twinkies for pillows. They weren't my favorite but they worked the best. I couldn't find little toy monkeys to put on the cake so I bought a Barrel of Monkeys and dipped them in chocolate put a toothpick on the back and stuck them in like they were jumping. I decorated her cake Friday for the party on Saturday. When I was finished I put it up on the counter and while I wasn't looking she pulled a chair over, climbed up and put her fingers in it. Luckily she only got into the frosting and not the cake. Saturday we had a barbecue with the family for her birthday. Thank you to everyone for coming and for the adorable presents.

No comments:

About Me

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
.

Followers